Robert A. Sepulveda, LMHC
Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the State of Hawaii (License #: MHC 257)
- National Certified Counselor with the National Board of Certified Counselors (Certification #: 250081)
- Master’s of Science in Counseling Psychology, Chaminade University
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of Hawaii - West Oahu
- Behavior Health Specialist, Kamehameha Schools - Kapalama, Honolulu, HI
- Mental Health Counselor, Betterhelp online
- Behavior Health Specialist, Hawaii Department of Education, Leeward District, Waipahu HI
- Youth Counselor, Hale Kipa Inc., Honolulu, HI
- American Counseling Association
- Experienced in providing assessment and treatment for anxiety, depression, stress, emotional, social, and self-esteem issues, and family counseling.
- Experienced in working with individuals and families of diverse ethnic backgrounds, socio-economic status, religion/spirituality, and sexuality.
- Experienced in dealing with crisis situations impacting individuals and family units.
- Born and raised on Oahu; immersed in and has an deep understanding and appreciation of the various cultures that make up Hawaii’s rich island heritage.
I believe that it is most important to listen openly and carefully to each person so that they can tell you their experiences which are unique to them. Based upon this we can build a collaborative relationship based on rapport and trust to be able to work towards finding a solution together. My theoretical principles and practices are rooted in a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy which incorporates Mindfulness and Strength Based approaches.
I was born on Oahu and raised in the Kapahulu area to a single mother and brother. Growing up in a lower income neighborhood and going to Jefferson Elementary, Washington Intermediate and then Kaimuki High School allowed me to gain a rich experience among various ethnicities. After graduating from high school in 1985 my life path finally became clear and I graduated from UH West Oahu with my Bachelor’s Degree in 1999 and then my Master’s at Chaminade in 2003. I have been married for nearly 20 years to my beautiful wife and we have a wonderful daughter and son.
< Back to Providers