Kacie K. Cohen, NCC, LMHC
National Certified Counselor, Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, State of Hawai‘i (License #: MHC 376)
- National Certified Counselor (Certification #: 315963)
- Standard Teaching License, State of Hawai‘i (License #: SL013077)
- Applied Behavior Analysis and Discrete Trial Trained, since 1998
- Certified QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Instructor, since 2013
- ASSIST Suicide First Aid Gatekeeper Certified, since 2013
- safeTALK Suicide Alertness Gatekeeper Trained, since 2014
- Masters of Science in Counseling Psychology, Chaminade University of Honolulu, 2013
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, University of Las Vegas Nevada, 2011
- School Counseling Internship Director, Chaminade University of Honolulu, HI
- Project Coordinator, E Ho‘opoli No Na Haumana Suicide Prevention Project, SAMHSA
- General Education Teacher, Aina Haina School, Honolulu, HI
- American Counseling Association
- American School Counseling Association
- Hawaii School Counseling Association
- Assessment and treatment for child & adolescent social, emotional, learning and/or behavioral challenges
- Assessment and treatment of depression, anxiety, and family dynamics-related challenges
- Specialty training in suicide prevention
- Extensive experience in working with individuals and families of diverse ethnicities, socio-economic status, religion, and sexuality.
Eclectic in counseling techniques varying from Person-Centered Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Reality Therapy based on the discussed needs and concerns. I believe in empowering individuals and developing a positive sense of well-being. Creating a safe environment to build one’s self-awareness and personal development is a core practice of mine.
I was born and raised on the Island of O‘ahu. I attended college at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, completing an Elementary Education degree. After graduating, I decided to come back home and teach the children in Hawai‘i. In 2010, I continued my education and attended Chaminade University of Honolulu where I attained a Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling. I appreciate and find enjoyment in spending time with my family and friends, going to the beach, fishing, diving, attending my sons’ baseball games, exercising, and most of all, eating.
< Back to Providers